Intematix offers NYAG products, yellow and green Silicate products and red Nitride products for LED backlight display applications. To ensure efficient transmission of phosphor emission through the blue, green, and red color filters of LCD displays, phosphors with narrow emission spectra are preferred (i.e., narrow full width half maximum, FWHM). Intematix green silicate phosphors have emission width of 60-80 nm, while our red nitride phosphors have emission width of 75-88 nm. Both are ideal for high color gamut displays.
Traditionally, yellow phosphors have been the most commonly used phosphor in displays. For yellow, a wide FWHM is needed, so that the emitted light passes around all the filters. NYAG phosphors or blends of different wavelength yellow silicate phosphors can produce highly efficient yellow emission of up to 124 nm in width.
Intematix proprietary Yellow GAL products are also used in high brightness displays (FWHM=112-122 nm). Phosphor choice is also dictated by the application. The brightness of Intematix silicates can’t be beat for low power backlights in mobile displays.
For monitors and TVs, NYAG, and Yellow GAL have the color stability required for more demanding mid to high power applications. The superior color stability of Intematix red XR, Ruby and LWR nitrides make them appropriate for all applications from mobile to TV.
Intematix continues to innovate in order to enable the next generation of displays with luminescent materials that reduce and narrow spectral bandwidth and increase efficiency and color gamut.
Nitride - high efficiency, thermal stability and reliability
- Enables high CRI, up to 98 with widest spectral range to 670nm
- Enables wide color gamut displays
- Increases efficacy, thermal stability and lowers costs for high power/flux LED systems
GAL (Aluminate) - wide spectral width, high efficiency, reliability and superior thermal stability
- Green GAL enables high CRI, up to 98, with the widest spectral width of FWHM (120nm) & increases efficacy, thermal stability and lowers costs for high power/flux LED systems
- Yellow GAL allows a single phosphor solution for white LEDs and enables LED makers who do not possess IP license to use YAG
NYAG - high efficiency, thermal stability, reliability and consistency
- Yellow offers the brightest, highest lumens/watt LEDs and lower cost, higher yield LED production, reducing phosphor contributions to binning with reliably consistent color. It is also a straightforward design as single phosphor solution for white LEDs
- GNYAG – Green YAG offers high efficiency, thermal stability and reliability with high brightness, and a high lumens/watt solution for mid range 80CRI in combination with shorter wavelength red. It also solves problems of sub-optimal CRI and efficacy with YAG yellow and long wavelength red
Silicate - choice of colors blue-green, green, yellow and orange with very high efficiency and narrow spectral width
- Broad product choice to mix and match to target performance, 507 – 610nm
- High brightness and lumens per watt
- Narrow emission peak of 70-82nm, more light passes through display color filter